Friday, July 8, 2011

June 29- Heading Home

I got up at 3:30 this morning, so I got a grand total of 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Precisely 24 hours later, I arrived in the Salt Lake City airport. 24 hours is a veeery long time to be in and out of airports. But I made it! I'm back home in my dear beloved South Jordan. It's so good to be home!

Here's a very basic list of what I think I got out of my Study Abroad Experience:

1. 21 new relatives.
After living with the same people for 5 weeks, you start to get to know each other... Maybe a little too well. All I can say is, I will never see my professors Darrin and Susie the same way ever again. Don't worry, it's a good thing.

2. Open Eyes
I saw things done so differently- things I never even thought to question, never even considered could be done another way. It really broadened my perspective and I know it's really going to help me think outside the box.

3. Patriotism
There is no place like home. The end :)

4. Inspiration
My eyes have been opened to a different way of doing things, and it's given me a few ideas of my own. Seeing so many styles of art, architecture and interior design has given me a better idea of what I like. Or at least, a good direction to start in. 

4. Myself
I think I've learned to be true to myself. It's ok to do things differently, and I'm strong enough that I can do things by myself. Also, there are a million guys out there trying to push their ideas onto the next sucker to come along. I refuse to let them win.

If I could have done just one thing differently, I would have liked to see more places directly related to interior design as a career. How amazing would it be to visit a big design firm in Europe????????? Pretty dang amazing.

I want to dedicate next few lines to funny quotes acquired on the road.

All’s good that ends good!  –Stacy
Dead sloow. HOOT!  -Leslie and Rachel
It’s ok, some people just have useless talents.  –Maddi
Why can't you throw your litter on the ground like a normal person?!  - Nicole
You never know what you'll see in the sea.  -Irish tour guide, quoted by Leslie and Rachel
Bueno- Bueno- Bueno- Bueno…  -Leslie and Rachel
Pet my hair!  -Maddi
Sunshine will cure just about anything. Except for a sunburn.  –Rachel
It’s Toe Time with Maddi!  –Stacy
I’m giving this to Stephanie because she’s combless.  -Maddi
Buenas Noches!  -Leslie and Rachel

The end of this trip is definitely not the end of my traveling days. Who knows where I'll go next?? You never know what you'll see in the sea. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment